Sunday, June 7, 2009

I love new jewelry

First Fridays in China Town is a great way to spend a friday night. lots of art, music and people watching opportunities. I also bought a really cool new ring. score.


This is the ultimate princess package. The guy with the top hat kept telling Ryan, "you should take her a carriage ride! It'll make her real happy!" no thank you.


This is Rachel. She and Nathan accompanied us.


I really liked this gold painting


Drummers on the side walk. One thing I loved about this was all the different people and all the movement, life and sounds.


Then today, my dear Alana and I went to the swap meet. I bought a second cool ring. They always have really cool jewelry and things here, but also have a lot of assorted crap. Just imagine an endless row of mall kiosks and you pretty much have the swap meet. As Alana and I passed the many different vendors we picked out our favorite treasures.

We really hope someone buys us these precious gems one day. (mine was too small.)


Best bracelet of all time.


Lana and her creepy crawling baby.


I wanted this hairy mask SO bad.


We've decided that our favorite past time is walking through the swap making fun of the crappy stuff we find there.


After a long day, we went to Haleiwa to meet up with some peeps and ate at killer tacos.


I met this guy today. His name is Jeff, and this is his big slipper.

3 comments:

  1. that first friday looks fun. i loved your sanuk comment, those heels can get tiring:) is that last pic at raging isle? that's a lot of slippers and i have seen that big slipper.
    someday someone will buy you gems, don't be in a hurry:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, to be young, single, and gorgeous again. enjoy it while you can. not that married life with kids isn't fun, it's just harder to do whatever you want. i've been telling jason lately that i wanna go to the swap meet, hopefully i'll get to go soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, those are lovely braclets Kathleen....I'll be sure and buy them for you so you can be so proud.

    ReplyDelete