Sunday, June 14, 2009

Army Prom

Last night my good friend Ka'anoi and I got to go to the Army Birthday Ball. He was the National Guard soldier of the year for the Hawaii sector. He invited me as his guest and told me that it was going to be like a prom so we fittingly named it "Army Prom." It was an... interesting experience. The funnest part was just getting dressed up and going out. His sisters did my hair and nails, so I felt pampered. I also thought it was cool when we got to the ball to see all the guys in their uniforms and the girls all dressed up. I felt like I'd just walked into the 1940's. (which is kinda what i was going for with the hair.)

We didn't know anybody at the ball, but it we had fun watching all the weird people that were there. Ka'anoi also made me take pictures there. We were standing kind of awkwardly, so I'm sure they'll be beauts. I'll make sure I post it when I get them. I made a few drunk friends and we got invited to go clubbing with this lady who had not spoken to us the entire night. Loved it. My favorite part of the night was when they announced Ka'anoi. "The N.G. Soldier of the year, Ka'ano'ipono (totally butchered) Cabrinha, if SHE'S here, could she please stand." so fired that guy.

Overall, it was okay. Lots of speeches and awards, but I thought it was a good opportunity to practice being formal and all. We left when all the drunk 45+ year old people started bumpin n' grindin on the dance floor. :/

This is right before we left. I know, we look SUPER excited.


Had to take some individuals.


I picked these Gardenias the day before at work. I got lots of compliments on them and they smelled great.

Straight up class.

6 comments:

  1. You looked marvelous, and the flowers were a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. kathleen you are so beautiful. i love the dress and absolutely love your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathleen you really look so classy and elegant! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you looked so beautiful! love the flowers, it really added a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are B-E-A utiful! Where is the burka - you promised!

    ReplyDelete