Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Moab

Last weekend, I went on a ward camping trip to Moab. It was the perfect way to end my year in Utah, by going to see some of the wonders of the world.

This was our camping spot.

We did a service project by paving the hiking trial with rocks. We found these cool train tracks and of course, took pictures. This railroad is still in use.
These are the girls from my ward I drove down with. Lauren, my roommate Berit and her cousin Heidi. We also had a guy drive down with us. He had so much fun driving 4 1/2 hours with 4 girls belting the Glee soundtrack. We got there at about 8 the night before and there was no room for us in the tents so we spooned in Lauren's Highlander (Minus the boy of course). It was actually pretty comfortable.
We hiked delicate arch! Now I know what the thing on all the Utah license plates is. :) It was amazing.

Me sitting on 'ol delicate

4 comments:

  1. that is awesome, that is one of those places i have always wanted to go in utah, lake powell is another! cool you have gotten to camp on the beach and in the mountains, not sure if that is mountains but it is rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kathleen! You've been doing a lot of cool things lately...go you. Also, are you going home for the summer? Just curious...because its not like I live in Utah, or Hawaii :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that you have been able to do so much while you've been there. I'd like to see that someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! That area is so beautiful and it must've been even more warm!

    ReplyDelete