Saturday, April 17, 2010

Festival of Colors!

I'm a little behind on my posting, but a few weeks ago was the festival of colors!! It's this big hare krishna festival in Spanish Fork where everyone throws lots of color and gets covered in it.

Harris and I wore these special suits, so we didn't get as dirty. Some people thought this took the fun out of it, I say the fun was in wearing these gems.

Harris in his

As soon as we got there some random people ran up to me and threw orange on me. I didn't appreciate that too much.
Cloud of color
We looked pretty good, and once we took those suits off, we were clean! from the neck down anyway..

7 comments:

  1. What exactly do they throw? Is it like powdered paint? And where on earth did you get those suits?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first picture makes a mother proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks fun but i am with juli, where do you get a suit like that, i think it would be more fun with it not having to worry about anything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you throw color or a fist back in that random person's face? They should have at least let you get prepared and ready for the festivities. Crazies.

    P.S., I would very much like to meet this Harris that you speak of, so please come over sometime before you go home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. those suits are an awesome idea... where di dyou get them?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel so cheated that we lived in Utah for so many years and I have NEVER heard of this before! It looks so fun--mainly I just want one of those figure flattering suits!

    ReplyDelete