Sunday, November 29, 2009

Give Thanks

For Thanksgiving I went with my cousins Chelsea and Lexie to the Alder's home in Murray. It was so nice to be in a home rather than an old apartment with students 24/7 and nice to spend it with my mom's side of the family who we rarely spend holidays with. My Thanksgiving break was awesome.

Just before we started eating


We also made ginger bread houses


the finished product. we ended up using hot glue guns to build our houses... no one eats these things anyways.


On Friday night we went to see the lights at temple square.


pretty pretty.


This is a reflection of the temple in the reflection pool. It had floating candles.




On saturday, I went to the BYU v. Utah game. My first BYU football game and probably the best one to go to. Rival game and we WON in overtime!! So exciting.
I sat behind Lexie


As soon as they scored the winning touchdown EVERYONE stormed the field.


I couldn't see anything, so my friend Bobby (he's 6' 5") put me on his shoulders. I was the tallest person on that field.


MAX HALL!! the starting quarter back for BYU. I patted his helmet and cheered as he was pushed by me.




I loved my thanksgiving and loved spending time with my cousins.

We're pretty special. :)

9 comments:

  1. it is fun to experience things different ways, christmas will feel way different in utah! that picture of you in front of the temple is perfection! gorgeous! you have the cutest cousins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you all got to be together. Happy Thanksgiving!! Love you Kathleen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you had a great weekend! I'm framing that last picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have decided that you are pretty much living the dream. Also, I love that you're experiencing all that Utah has to offer...go you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely think the best part of the weekend was getting to touch Max Hall’s helmet. You should have asked him for his chin strap! But really, I love the pictures of you @ Temple Square. It's one of my favorite places to be during the holidays. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought of you being at the BYU game just not on some guys shoulders. Tear, tear... Really though, glad you are having a great college experience. You deserve everything good Kathleenie beanie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had a great Thanksgiving with your family! We missed you, but I'm so glad that you had a great time. And I'm even more excited for you that you got to pat Max's helmet. You are so cute Kathleen and you are definitely SUPER special...and ridiculously good-looking. Don't forget that one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like your having the time of your life. Enjoy it, and experience everything you can. We miss you Kathleen!

    ReplyDelete