Sunday, October 11, 2009

Pumpkins!

This weekend my friends and I carved pumpkins! I haven't carved a pumpkin since I was a little kid and I was SO excited.
Everybody worked pretty hard on their masterpieces.


The Yates' Pumpkin (Tyler and Alana). I drew their tree.


I carved a seahorse in mine


A face and a mayan temple with my seahorse.


It was so cute but a little fat cause I drew it freehand. everybody called it the pregnant seahorse.


We left them all at our friends house for the night. The next morning it was discovered that 3 of the pumpkins had been stolen. The mayan temple, the mario mushroom and the pregnant seahorse. Who does that? :(

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got a picture of your pumpkin before it was stolen. I thought it was cute. You still have time to carve another before Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are so cute! don't you love that you can carve pumpkins in utah before halloween, here they just mold and fall down! stinks they got stolen- crazy kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kind of giggled when I read Kelly's comment because wouldn't it be funny if it was really some old man that loves carved pumpkins and he was the one who stole them. I don't know I just have a mental picture of that and it made me giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how fun! And sad! And did you know that male seahorses are the ones that carry the babies?
    You've still got time--carve another one! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. NOT IN PROVO!?!?!! :) I can't believe someone who steal in such a holy city? Sweet pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Kathleen,

    My mother showed me your mom's blog and I saw yours too and I wanted to extend to you an invitation to read mine...although majority of the time I like to ramble and I don't put up much pictures. My e-mail address is darah.mapuana@gmail.com, so send me your address to add you.

    I'm sorry someone stole your pregnant sea horse. Who does that? Provo people. At least they weren't smashed on the roads like how Dani said they do in California. Maybe they donated it to people who don't have pumpkins for Halloween decorations, so don't feel too bad. Or maybe they were impressed with your artistic skills.

    Anywho, I love you and come visit us more often. I promise we'll try to be more fun and we won't overstuff you with food.

    Love, darah

    ReplyDelete