Monday, August 31, 2009

First Day

Today was the first day of classes. Everything felt so surreal as I walked to my classes. I have worked so hard and I feel so blessed just to be here. One of my classes, American Heritage, has 2300 students. (the class is split up of course) Add just 100 more and that was the size of BYU Hawaii. Yeah.
I am constantly overwhelmed by the amount of students on campus and by the size of the buildings. The architecture is AMAZING, and the campus is just gorgeous. I still can't believe I am a student here.
Today one of my classes was chorus and apparently, I'm a first soprano. Didn't know that.
On Sunday I went to church and it was good. I have a really good ward that seems to have a lot of activities and seems to be very social. I met a lot of really nice girls as well. Everyone is so friendly and just comes up and introduces themselves. I love it.
My roommates are great. I love all of them. I share a room with Berit, who is my cousin Mallory's sister-in-law. She's a great girl from Utah and is really fun. She is really great about introducing me to people and she's so sweet. My other roommates are Brooke and Kati. Brooke is from Texas and is engaged. She is getting married in December so she'll be here for just a semester. She is hilarious. Anything she says is pure joy. Kati is super fun. She is also from Utah and loves rock climbing. In our apartment, we have a bunch of paintings that she has done. They are all really cute and add so much to our humble abode.

I haven't taken many pictures yet, but they will come. Here are some pictures of Berit and I on our first day of class.
(Don't mind the black sides of Berit's Picture, my camera sucks. Good thing I got a new one.)

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are going to have a great year. I am so glad you get to go to school there. Try and enjoy everything about it. Keep the posts coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun! I wish I could go back....ENJOY it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pure joy is what you are going to experience at BYU if you wait a year. Really though, you go girl, I hope you have the time of your life. Are you planning on wearing your slippers in the winter like Matthew?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the update on your new life! Can't wait to hear about all your adventures!!! You are also super gorgeous...just in case you were wondering :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like fun and i am so happy you have really cute nice roomates! i just spent a week on that campus and i love it, i know it will be different in the winter but it is really so pretty, you are going to have a blast, i want date updates too:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I did the whole byu thing already but I'm jealous!! I wish I could go back too.....Have lots of fun even when it gets cold because it goes by fast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your homework doesn't get in the way of your blogging! I love hearing about what's going on in your life and so far it looks and sounds super.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathleen...Where are you living? Call us if you ever need anything! Or maybe we'll call YOU if we need a babysitter!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad I was able to be there with you for a few days. I know you will do great. You have worked so hard to get there. I'll miss you, but I'm glad you're there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So proud of you Kathleen!!! Have so much fun up there!!! Do you remember my friend Madison Mckenna (she came to our ward to do that music night?) She just started there too. Maybe you will bump into her amongst the 30,000 other zoobies on campus. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are having way too much fun. enjoy it! you're roomates look cute and nice. this will be an amazing experience for you.

    ReplyDelete