Thursday, August 20, 2009

Byebye Spud

Yesterday was my last day at work. I was a lot more sad than I thought I was going to be. It's amazing how close I got to my co-workers and how much I bonded with the babies in such a short period of time. My co-workers threw me a little going away party/ potluck which I did not get pictures of.
One woman that I used to do the opening shift with, Maria, got me a card and made me a whole batch of lumpia. (which she pointed out, she never makes for anyone at these potlucks, but had to do it for me.) Maria is this little 50 year old lady from the Philippines, but she was probably my best friend at work. I will miss her.



This is my Spud. He is "my baby," as my co-workers call him. Whenever he cried, they would always give him to "Mama Kat." He was so cute and I rarely put him down. I mean, just look at those cheeks. I had a variety of nicknames for him, mostly all after vegetables, which included things like Spud, Pea Pod, Green Bean, etc. His Mom was sad I was leaving and she was even going to bring me a picture of him to give to me but she forgot. Luckily, I had my camera.

I'll miss my job, the kids and the friends I made, (especially Spud man) but not enough to give up whats coming. :)

4 comments:

  1. He is a sweet little spud. Those cheeks look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love vegetable nicknames! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll bet you didn't mind sleeping in today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwww cute the baby!!

    i got the clouds in my picture from photoshop :) it's actually a blank blue bedroom wall and i just photoshopped the clouds in.

    ReplyDelete