Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day

For Memorial Day, my family and I all had the day off so we went to Waimea bay together. It was really nice considering that this rarely happens. It was the first time we had all been to the beach together since before Matthew went on his mission.

Ryan and I drove the little white Tacoma while Dad rode in the back.




Everyone was really excited to be there.



This is our camp site. Mom had to go to a luncheon so she came later.


Notice how packed Waimea bay was. its hard to tell in this picture, but all the colored specks at the end of the beach are people. gross.


Ryan spent a good deal of time testing out his new camera in a water housing.




Matthew and Kat made a little throne for Kat.


Yes Kat, it is going on my blog.


Matthew thought it would be fun to play crocs and wildebeasts. Basically whoever the WB is, has stand on all fours and close their eyes and predict when the "croc" is coming.






Sunset at Waimea is always pretty.






My family. I will definetly miss them.


After 4 1/2 hours at Waimea, we went to cholo's and ate dinner. It was pretty good. Hopefully ALL of us (+1) can go back to the beach on christmas day.

6 comments:

  1. looks like a fun day, we went to castles and got poured on and went home in the massive traffic, ours was kind of a bust! kat is so cute all prego!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that makes me miss Hawaii. I can picture exactly where you guys were. That was Daniels favorite beach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I greatly enjoyed this documentation of the Jung Family Memorial Day activies. Thank you. Fun, to see all of you together. Matthew wanting to play whatever dumb game that was, totally reminded me of my childhood :) Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. why didn't you guys jump off the big rock?
    that was my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the pic of Wendell in the back of the truck - so Hawaii! That man can sleep anywhere can't he? Thanks for letting us spend the day with you through pictures!

    ReplyDelete