Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Snowflower Surprise!

Yesterday, when Harris picked me up from work, he asked if I was up for something spontaneous and made me wear a blindfold. During the hour long drive, we chatted, I called my mom and we drove for about an hour. When we arrived at the mystery destination, he told me the following story.
Earlier in the day, Harris went golfing in Park City for a work thing and had lunch with a man and his fiance. Whilst at lunch the man told Harris that they were staying at Snowflower, a ski lodge, because he had won a two night stay. However, the man and his fiance had to leave that day and wouldn't be able to use the second night.
Harris proceeded to unblindfold me and said, "He gave us the room for the second night!" What a nice man. :D
It was wonderful. I called my boss and told him about it and he told me I could just come in at noon instead of 8 am. Then we got all spruced up and went out to dinner at the Silver Star. It was delicious. Afterward we went back to the hotel and got into comfy clothes and watched X-Men and ate popcorn. I love Harry. He's a great husband and friend and likes to do nice things for me. :)
Here is a picture I stole off the world wide web. Harris was an hour late to pick me up from work because he was packing. (he told me there was lots of traffic and all the rain was holding him up.) In the mad rush he didn't think to bring a camera. It was worth the wait. :)
Another heisted photograph. I think it looks pretty in the winter time.
Thank you for a marvelous little mini vacation Harris! I love you!

4 comments:

  1. ahh that sounds so awesome! I'm glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really sweet. Give Harris a little gold star from me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are the things that make a great marriage, little special times away!

    ReplyDelete