Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Monuments

We thought sunday night would be a great time to go see all the monuments. I've seen pictures of the monuments before but they were truly impressive and beautiful in person.
The Jefferson Memorial and the ghost of Harris. Yes, we did that on purpose. We're artsy.
This building was truly impressive. The quotes on the walls were very inspiring. I had to be careful, I was on the verge of wanting to change my major to Political Science. Its no wonder that Harris is.
Its a bit blurry, but he's still cute.
A founding father and me
On the steps
Later we went to the Lincoln Memorial. This was beautiful. Quick story, we asked a man to take a picture for us in front of Lincoln. He was clearly the right man for the job cause when we looked at the picture after, it was us and Lincoln's legs. But it was a good picture of us, so I cropped it and now its just a picture of us with a ton of people looking at something in the background.
We had someone else take a picture who was a little more in the loop with stranger/ photo etiquette.
If you click on this picture and look closely, the words, "I have a dream" are carved into this step. This is where he stood when MLK gave the speech. Very cool.
Lincoln Memorial
My favorite picture of the whole trip!

6 comments:

  1. i hate when strangers and/or family take pictures and they are horrible! did someone take that last picture for you? that is a framer! love the monuments at night, we missed that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of those pictures are really good of both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh hello harris! it has been so long :) i hope you both are well. Kat i miss you dear!! and i love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who is Darah? I like her. She seems smart.

    Hi Kati! Are you still dating that giant?

    Kathleen, thank you so much for coming to D.C. and New York with me. I had so much fun...and you we're really funny to observe in a big city. I'm happy you eventually decided that New York was great. Too bad we didn't eat in that Japanese place. Apparently everyone knows about it but us. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. kathleen, do you know why you are the dearest of friends?
    because you enjoy life.
    and love looks beyond beautiful on you.
    love, jess.

    ReplyDelete