Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Let's hear it for New York

For those of you who don't know, last week I got to go to Washington DC to visit Harris and we took a little trip to New York! It was so much fun. We took a bus from DC and we were dropped off at Penn station in front of Madison square garden. I was a little overwhelmed, but got over it.

Harris and I on the subway
A restaurant we found

Harris' brother Clayton gave me a walking tour of Manhattan. He took us to this place in Chelsea called the High Line. It was an abandon metro track that they turned into a boardwalk/ garden kind of thing. It was beautiful and Harris loved it.

In Soho, waiting for Clayton (Harris' brother) to get off work. Notice my sunglasses, those were the only things i bought in the city and I didn't even buy them. I left my sunglasses at home so Harris got a pair off the street for $3. They worked and I liked them.
We went to Battery Park. You can't see it, but thats the statue of liberty in between our heads.

More of the High Line.

Me and Clayton
We liked these townhouses. We thought they looked like the apartment from Hitch.
This is Harris with his three month old nephew/godson Penn at dinner. He was very cute. Penn was biting Harris' thumb pretty hard in this picture.
We liked the design of this restaurant. Turns out this is the restaurant of a famous chef. We did not know that when we took this picture.

We finished our very busy day off in Times Square.

We then took a cab to Brooklyn where we stayed with Clayton and his wife Rebecca.

10 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had fun. I'm going next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great time. Love the red bag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chef Morimoto? C'mon Kathleen, don't you watch Iron Chef?! Did you eat there? I bet it was good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. NY is so cool, i felt like a duck out of water when i got there but got over it too, it's a little different than hawaii! you and harris look very cute and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Knife in the heart! Did you look over at New Jersey and wonder what if??? Oh, Kathleenie you are beautiful, of course this is happening and we are glad you are happy. Do you have any roommates? I like the picture of you outside the restaurant. Very modelish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! My favorite pic is the next to the last one of you and Harris. You look so beautiful and so happy. I'm glad you had fun. And...ditto to Chelsea's comment. Start watching a little more of the Food Network will ya?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was totally thinking you should be a model...for real! You are definitely photogenic. Also, so fun to see NYC I can't wait to see the rest of your pics!
    PS: Don't worry about my mom she'll be fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like so much fun and you look gorgeous in your pictures, especially the one outside of the famous chef. I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. maybe my mom will get over it but i won't! whaaa =( P.S. you look great in the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is SOOOO AWESOME!!! lucky you to go and see so many things. i miss new york. i know she misses me too! tell her that i love her and i'll see her soon. don't know when, but soon!!

    ReplyDelete