Friday, November 4, 2011

A Very Harry Halloween

Harry and I celebrated Halloween on Saturday since we had our ward party. Last year we were engaged and went to a crazy college party and this year we handed out candy to little children in the church. We are married. But it was so much fun!
We dressed up as Harry Potter and Hermione (or Cho Chang, I couldn't decide.) Harry's dad was also in town and was a very good sport about being Dumbledore. My only regret is forgetting to take a picture of him.
I made Harry's glasses out of pipe cleaner. I loved calling him Harry all night, because it's not at all out of the norm but he really WAS Harry!
Harris carved a Harry Potter pumpkin at my request and he did it completely free hand! (A little Harris T. trivia for you, he really enjoys drawing and painting.) We had this sitting outside our door and had the Harry Potter theme song playing as we passed out candy. We pretty much ruled that hallway.
Some of our favorite costumes from the ward, The Jimenez family won.
I loved the Paxtons costumes. They were facetime!
Can't wait for next year! Superman and Lois Lane? Perhaps...

2 comments:

  1. Way too cute Kathleen! And your guys' costume was awesome. I love the face time idea though, and the old couple. And it is fun passing out candy to kids, just to see how excited they get!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harry's pumpkin carving skills are very impressive! I'm a little bit bummed too that there is no picture of Dumbledore. Passing out candy to little kids is what Halloween is about...you didn't miss out on anything.

    ReplyDelete