Friday, September 16, 2011

New York Minute

Two weeks ago Harris and I got to go to New York City for six days. It was fantastic and I love that city. We got in at about 6:30 a.m and that night we went to go see The Lion King on Broadway. It was my first Broadway show and it was amazing. The costumes were fantastic and the performers voices gave me chills. Nala was my favorite. She had a good, strong, black lady voice. Loved it.
This is the face of Mufasa that they use for the part when he speaks to Simba from heaven.
This was the Scar costume. They did a great job with making him a villain.
A day in central park
We went to FAO Schwartz and played on the "BIG" piano.
We stopped in at Tiffany's on 5th Ave. This is the famous Tiffany diamond. It is 128 karat diamond. holy moly. (don't ask me why a bird is on it, I have no idea.)
This is the biggest hibiscus I've ever seen and it was in Battery Park. Lady Liberty is tiny behind me.
Ground Zero just days before the opening of the memorial on the 10 year anniversary.
New York skyline.
Loved every minute of this trip. The reason we came was for Trevor and Jovy's wedding, which will have its own post entirely. Coming soon!

3 comments:

  1. i loved NY, we went to the temple and to church and had to look up the singers on google when it was over and they were on broadway, so cool!
    did you get to see the memorial? it was all construction when we were there.
    i saw lion king here and it was amazing, i can't imagine broadWAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you got to see Lion King and you had a great time! I want to see all of the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've heard lion king is amazing and i totally wanted to see it when it was here...i'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete