Sunday, March 20, 2011

Oh Canada!

Two weeks ago Harris and I got to go to Canada! We went up for Curt and Marisa's wedding reception. They got married the next week in the Washington DC temple, but due to immigration laws, if they wanted to have a Canada reception, had to do it the week before.
It was my very first time out of the country and it was beautiful, but COLD!

Driving to Banff. The mountains were huge but so beautiful.
This is what I looked like by the time we got there. Fifteen hours in a van with seven people and a small dog.
Harris being so helpful and carrying other people's bags.
As soon as we got to the hotel we had to get ready for photos and then pretty much go straight to the reception.
The happy couple.
Me and Curty.
There were four groomsmen...
and nine bridesmaids!!
The scenery looking out of the foyer of the reception.
The ballroom before everyone came in. I felt so fancy! Someone noted that it looked like a Kardashian wedding.
And of course, it wouldn't have been Curt and Marisa's wedding without booty shakin! Harris and Curt doing the macarena.
The hotel where we stayed and had the reception. It is called the Banff Springs Hotel. It was so beautiful and I felt quite lucky. It was such a fun trip!




4 comments:

  1. WOW! That ballroom was WAY fancy, so fancy that I had to show Brett. I have never been to Canada, looks pretty magical :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had fun! Love the dance moves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cool experience, everything is so beautiful from the bride to the scenery, and that reception- WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, are you sure this wasn't for a movie. I didn't think this existed in real life. Are they Marriotts??? I've heard about their weddings... Fun for you to be a part of it.

    ReplyDelete