Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Bridal Shower

Harris and I got to go back to Maryland for my bridal shower. A bunch of women in his ward, and who are close to him, threw it for me. It was so sweet. We had a little brunch and then opened gifts. They were so nice and I liked meeting all the women who have been the most important in Harris' life.

This is my sister-in-law to be, Rebecca. She came all the way from Brooklyn to be at the shower.
It was decorated beautifully.
Ann and me outside of Harris' house. They had leis sent in from Hawaii for Ann and I.
We went to the botanical gardens and I found white ginger! Too bad the flowers were dead.
Then we went to the eastern market with his Dad. We went last time too, and I love it every time.
Outside the market.

The market had a flower section and they had the prettiest flowers. These are Dahlias and I love them.
It was a whirlwind weekend. We flew to Long beach and then to DC and got in at 5 a.m. I got to sleep for about an hour and a half before the shower. Then we left at 5 p.m. the next day. We were tired but it was really fun and nice to be out of Utah on a little trip together. :)

5 comments:

  1. That's a nice picture of you with the ginger. Too bad they weren't in bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a really nice shower!
    The dahlias are always pretty and are very easy to grow----look great with that eucalyptus which smells so good.
    You're getting to be a real traveler!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was so nice of his family! so glad you got to go and meet special people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathleen, Carlie and Carter just walked in as I was viewing your blog! They can't believe you are getting married - - time seems to stop for them. They remember you as the bomb-diggity sitter from that one summer. So happy for you and your hubby to be.
    Love Aunty Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  5. More people to love you Kathleen that is a great thing!

    ReplyDelete