Thursday, September 17, 2009

My Birthday

Tuesday was my 20th Birthday. It was my first birthday away from home, so I'll admit I was a little worried that it wouldn't be anything special. Thankfully, I was wrong and my roommates, friends and cousins did a great job of making me feel absolutely loved and special on my big day.

The festivities began at midnight on Monday night when my roommates marched into my room singing happy birthday and throwing "confetti" all over my room. (They weren't very sneaky because I was waiting for them in my room with my camera ready.)


from left to right (Berit, Brooke and Kati) They were really excited. :)


So was I.


All these people showed up for my birthday at devotional... I'm kind of a big deal :)


I sat with Alana and her hubby


Even the Prophet came to wish me a happy birthday!


It was so cool


My cousins Lexie, Chelsea and Mallory took me to the Cannon Center for dinner


Chelsea loves the Cannon Center


Kendall not so much..


My crown and presents! (earrings, a facial and socks!)


My crown was a little small, but I wore it anyway.


When I got home, Kati, Brooke and Berit threw me a party and invited some people from the ward. They are so great. :)





Some of my party guests (notice the decorations)


Brooke, her fiance Garrett and her brother Billy all got me chocolate covered cinnamon bears and a Bob Marley magnet. I loved it.


Berit got me some jewelry from Nordstrom, her place of employment. She has great taste. :)


to close off my lovely day, we played uno. Haha.

5 comments:

  1. What a fun birthday. I am so glad you have such nice friends in Provo. It makes all the difference. Did one of the Lee girls make your birthday crown? If they did I can't believe they didn't make it bigger knowing you probably have the big Clugston head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so great, and the prophet came to your birthday that is AH-MAH-ZING! really though that devotional is crazy but i guess if you get to hear pres. monson you go! your apartment is nice with that leather couch! i am so glad you are having a great experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the post Kathleen! You know I NEED them. I was thinking the same thing Nancy said about your cousins, the crown, and your head. I'm glad you had a really fun day. That was nice of everyone to think of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow....that actually sounds like a pretty amazing b-day. Your roomates seem like keepers. How did you cram all that into one day?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 20th Birthday! President Monson was so nice to visit you on your birthday. You should have invited him to dinner at The Cannon Center.

    ReplyDelete